Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ch-Ch-Changes

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, things have been crazy busy. But here's what's new:
1. I am now 20 years old.
2. I completed my last day of work at The Limited. (yay!!)
3. I ate 3 cakes over the course of a week with 2 other people. (Jason and Mans... I'm pretty sure I gained like 5 pounds.)
4. I bought a 55L backpacking backpack for my year abroad in SENEGAL. :D
5. I have officially moved out of my apartment in the cities, and man... let me tell you... it was SO much more emotional than I thought it would be. Saying goodbye to all my friends was sad.
6. I'm getting super anxious about leaving.

Packing up and cleaning the apartment took much longer than I thought, but the actual moving out part went smoothly. (THANKS MOM!) The hardest part: saying goodbye to Amanda. We've been living together for the last 2 years and have gone very few days without seeing each other... I'm really going to miss her. But thank God for Skype right?! :)

Enough of the sad though. On to the exciting! I canNOT believe how fast time is flying. Seriously. I leave in just a few weeks and I feel like I still have SO MUCH to get done. How do I really prepare for this crazy adventure? I think the answer to this question is fairly simple...I can't. No matter how much I imagine what it's going to be like, I can never truly be 100% prepared for what is coming next in this next phase of my life. And I suppose that's the beauty of it too.

Anyhoo... my brain is mush. So I'll just leave you all with this:

"Time may change me, but I can't trace time" -David Bowie

1 comment:

  1. Miss you already!! Don't worry - next time I see you we'll be in Italy (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete